Attic insulation is a commonly encountered procedure but nevertheless requires some basic knowledge on how to perform it. I’m sure that by now if you’ve had the chance to read our articles about The advantages of home attic insulation and Commonly encountered types of attic insulation and if you haven’t you should. Now, leaving that aside let’s move on and start considering the basics of attic insulation.
What you need to know about the basics of attic insulation
1. Attic insulation helps increase the comfort of your home, reduces energy bills and at the same time increases the overall value of your house.
2. There are two types of attic insulation: sprayed-in and rolled-in; the sprayed-in is the most popular choice whilst the other is the best solution.
3. If you’re serious about insulating, then acquiring the best spray foam insulation equipment is a must; for rolled-in foam insulation I suggest hiring a specialized contractor as it’s a bit trickier.
4. Attic insulation is your house’s first and cheapest line of defense against the ever changing temperatures of the nature.
5. There aren’t too many tips on basics of attic insulation that one should know, just remember to keep on the safe side using proper equipment and asking for advice at first.
There are many insulating contractors that will certainly give you a free custom tailored quota to suit your needs.